Thursday, December 06, 2007

Big Day!

Well we started the day off with taking some more Christmas pics so I can make my cards and send them out before the day actually gets here! I thought that I'd make her happy first by getting her into her costume....


I'm using the paper background today.....although it took quite a beating from Lillian! So then I put her in her Christmas outfit....


This was at the end of it all (don't want to waste the surprise for the Christmas cards!) She didn't smile, but I was able to get some good shots. I'm done torturing her though by getting her all dressed up and putting the headband on her!

So you may be wondering about the title of this post. Today was a big day because I picked up my domain name at godaddy.com!!!! I'll probably get the template tomorrow or early next week and start getting my info and gallery up! My very own website......YAY!!!!

So you know how when you met the person that you're in love with and you knew it was right......this is the way that I feel about photography. I'll be the first to admit, my mind tends to drift. I went to college for nursing, changed to forensic chemistry, considered elementary ed and then dropped out. I then went to work in the business world landing a run of the mill job at RSA (remarketing services of america.....I think it's named something different now if I recall!) Then we moved out to Massachusetts......or as Dan likes to call it......Assachusettes. Well I didn't get a job there, probably should have, but I didn't. So I thought that I'd give Medical Transcription a try. Another bust. And then, I got pregnant and my career path didn't matter anymore.....at least to me it didn't. Then when I got my SLR in May, everything changed. I found my creative outlet. All of those things that I was chasing before, denied me of my creativity. So photography for me has endless opportunities. I can be creative, enjoy what I'm doing, while at the same time, contribute to my family (which I know Dan will love.) It's gonna take some work, but I think it's worth the fight!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I could have written the same thing... well except about where you live and the medical stuff... I have also gone through a lot of "interests" before finding my *niche* in photography!

Here's to us! And our new creative life!