Thursday, January 08, 2009

Doing a better job....

at keeping up with posting pics of Lillian is easier said than done! Some days she'll let me take her picture and some days she wants nothing to do with me and my camera. I set up my backdrop stand today and she wasn't in the mood. I was able to get a few decent photos though.....
In other news we picked up our new over the range microwave tonight (thanks Pat!) I'm really excited about the extra counter space since the microwave that we have now is the same size as the new one. It's a good microwave and all, but it'll be nice to have that extra space and a light above the cooktop. Dan didn't want to do recessed lights because he didn't think that it fit with the house so I'll be really happy when it gets installed. This weekend Dan is going to be doing the framing around the fridge where we'll be putting some built in shelves on the side. He's going to be making the spot where the fridge is a little large since we'll be getting a new fridge eventually, but in the meantime we're just going to paint the one we have black. It's a newer fridge, but it's on the smaller side and I really want one with the freezer on the bottom.....but that's last on the list. We're going to wait to refinish the floors until all of the plumbing is done so we don't have to worry about it getting any dings.....even though the impatient me wants to get it done before! Hopefully everything will be done in the kitchen within a couple of months. Then we can slowly start to decide what we're going to do in the bathroom which also needs to be torn down to the studs. An older home can certainly be a lot of work, but I wouldn't have it any other way! It has character and charm and it's all ours......and I don't have to worry about putting holes in the walls!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love them! You know even the mad/sad ones are great to look back on. You really inspire me to save some money for a good camera. I should learn to take good pictures. I'll have to get a camera and come spend a weekend with you. LOL