Friday, March 16, 2007

Time to make a difference.....

We were one of the lucky ones. At 3 lbs 1 oz Lillian was one of the largest babies in the NICU when she was born last June. Her neighbor Rocco, only weighed a pound at birth......a pound. I know prematurity is a common thing nowadays.....but it shouldn't be. Each day more than 1280 babies are born premature, and 411 of them are born with birth defects. Our experience, though brief and positive, touched my heart forever. Not too long ago I saw a billboard for March of Dimes which asked for help and I'm ready to give it. If Dan's willing to be my walking partner, I'd like to join Walk America which will be happening this spring. Not only do the proceeds go towards a great cause.....but it also helps get my sorry butt into shape! So Dan.....will you walk with me?!

3 comments:

LVMommy22 said...

carrie, remember to put up a sponsor sheet so we can sponsor your walk! maybe a paypal link or something ... or a donation doodle with the proceeds going to march of dimes.
:) M

Kyla Armstrong said...

Yea! Good for you! I walk for CF because my friend's family is affected by it. I love your doodles and I've totally added you to my siggie and blog. I'd love to see some water/beach stuff since summer is just around the corner!

Kyla Armstrong said...

P.S. I totally just tried to unzip the police/fire doodles and it won't let me because there is a password. Can you help?

mormishmom@gmail.com