Thursday, May 17, 2007

Guide, Guide, Guide.....ugghhhh!!!

I am such a hands on type of learner!! I'm going through the guide for the new camera, reading every word it says, and not comprehending 50% of it! So if anyone knows of a good website to help get me through all of the technical mumbo jumbo and and how to become a better photographer let me know! So I took a couple of shots out of auto mode and here was one I was semi happy with....

This is in Lillians' room on her bookcase......I bought the cross at a Hallmark store....originally $20 marked down to $2.50......how can you pass that! The rosary is from Aunt Betsy for her baptism. I took some shots of Lillian but I really didn't like the way they came out......no sun today and I really don't like shots taken with the flash that's on the camera. We're going to the hospital when Dan gets out of work to visit with his cousin who had a daughter yesterday.....so I'll bring along the camera and see what comes out!!

3 comments:

HG said...

I don't have the Nikon, but I do have a Canon Digital Rebel XTi and also have the original canon digital rebel. Both cameras have awful flashes on them. Luckily, I use those cameras for my pro shots and because I do equine photography...everything is outdoors and they are superb for action/fast shots. I'm assuming the flash probably isn't any good on the Nikon either. Maybe look into getting an add-on flash for it. I plan to get one eventually, but for now I use my small canon powershot for indoors stuff, that thing has a massive flash on it for being such a small camera, lol.

Here are some links that might help you...

http://www.nikon-foto.de/templates/stuff/news/nikon/D80_en.pdf

http://www.nikond80links.com/nikon-d80-official-sites/

And here's a flickr group for you: http://www.flickr.com/groups/d80/

Jen said...

I am getting a Nikon D80 in the next week or two miyself (I can't wait)!
I have been reading (slowly but surely) "The Digital Photography Book" by Scott Kelby (I think he does a great job at explaining things). I also have "Understanding Exposure: How to Shoot Great Photographs with a Film or Digital Camera" (updated Edition) by Bryan Peterson which was suggested by more than one person.
Thanks for the links h.green - I'm going to have to check those out too!

Brooke - in Oregon said...

I have read my manual and if you understand 50% you are doing GOOD! lol

Karen Russell says she reads hers once a year and learns something new everytime.

Happy Friday and I love tiny newborns, so give that new baby a smoochie from this Auntie! :)