Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Taking a break....

from the hell I've been dealing with since yesterday!!! Monday night I started grooming Abby and noticed that she had a few clumps of hair that I was unable to comb through. Since they're on her lower back, I knew she wouldn't be able to clean it herself so I cut the hair off in those spots. Then, yesterday morning, while looking at the bare patch on her back, I notice fleas!!!!!!!!!!! I flipped out! She's never had fleas the entire 7 years that I've had her, not to mention the fact that she's an indoor cat. I quickly sprung into action because there is no way I was going to let her suffer or let the fleas get all over the house. I went to the feed store down the street, bought some shampoo, spray and a bomb for the house. So yesterday I basically tortured Abby with 5 baths (which I gave her all at once) and combing and spraying throughout the day. I didn't notice a lot of bites, so it looks as though she didn't have them for long.....although I'm certainly no expert! This morning we bombed the house and everything looks good, not that it looked bad before! I bought Abby a flea collar and I'll continue spraying her every 9 days like the bottle says to keep the little boogers away. So while we were away from the house, me, Lilly and Abby went for a little ride in the car. We started off at Price Chopper to get all of our Clorox products for cleaning and then I decided to head up to Manchester to check out the Dellwood Cemetery. I was able to get a few shots......but I'd be able to get more without Lilly and Abby in the car! Anyways, I've got to get back to cleaning. Come back tomorrow for a new sale and a new coupon on my stuff at My Digital Muse......and don't forget it's $2 Wednesday!!

1 comment:

HG said...

You should try Revolution for cats. It kills the fleas and also takes care of worms. It's a once a month treatment and soooooo much easier than baths, lol. You just squeeze the little tube on the back of the cat's neck or in between the shoulder blades (somewhere it can't lick it). You should be able to get it from your feed store or a vet. When I worked as a vet tech at an animal shelter we used it all the time and it worked great :)